Entertainment Production Coordinator
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a department of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full-time Production Coordinator to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
The Production Coordinator will play a key role in a fast-paced, detail-focused, and sometimes chaotic team environment. This position will work directly with MWEs Production Managers and act as a source of budgeting, scheduling, and production planning for assigned MWE in-house content. Prior experience as a production assistant, production coordinator, or production manager – among other roles that have been deeply involved with physical production – are a plus. This individual should be a developing leader who can work extremely well with others, be an exceptional communicator, and have a desire to help pioneer a new media company.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative media studio.
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with self and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and possess the intuition to make calm, solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidentially
- Shift focus between multiple productions at once
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
- Ready to jump in and take charge of a very busy production
- Coordinate between various departments that relate to production logistics, and streamlining areas such as: equipment contracts, location management, purchase orders, inventory tracking, insurance coverage, day player contracts, crew deal memos, travel and shipping, call sheets, production reports, cast and crew lists, and compliance with various union reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for rentals and/or purchases.
- Take responsibility for the logistics of assigned productions, from pre-production through the completion of production and into post-production.
- Track Production Schedules & Budgets to ensure accuracy.
- Assist the Producers, Line Producers and Production Managers as needed.
- Follow through/complete accounting of each production (i.e., data entry, receipt tracking, finalize POs and check requests).
- Compile wrap books once a project is completed.
- Join a team of visionary independent media makers to help build a studio of the future.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.