Vice President of Marketing
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to manage a marketing team to accomplish the aggressive vision of Meow Wolf as it expands its multiverse around the world. The Vice President of Marketing will develop, under the supervision of the Chief Content Officer, a strategic marketing plan across external and internal related goals and then manage that plan to success. This plan will include externally driven marketing and communications strategies that both create demand and drive retail patronage at Meow Wolf’s ever-increasing immersive exhibition presence along with enhancing the Meow Wolf brand both domestically and ultimately internationally. In addition, this position will also align with internally driven strategies that support the effective stewardship of Meow Wolf values and motivation for all employees.
Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building relevant brands and driving consumer behavior and significant revenue transactions. Must have experience in driving strategic positioning through targeted marketing messages and organizational branding to specific audiences, including the heavy use of social media and other “movement” creating strategies. Must be able to be well networked with formal and informal employee groups and key creative stakeholders who influence the organization along with aligning these groups with the goals of Meow Wolf. Must also be experienced and adept at managing other marketing and communications professionals, motivating and enabling their success to achieve organizational goals along with managing outside creative agencies to yield amazing work.
The Vice President of Marketing should also have a passion for the ability of creativity to change the world and the flexibility to handle constant change within a fast-paced ever scaling organization understanding the unique balance between chaos and order and a willingness to embrace the weird in everything the organization does.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience in marketing and communications within highly creative organizations situated in a competitive marketplace preferably in entertainment consumer related enterprises.
- An understanding that creativity is at the heart of expression and that creative content will lead to success.
- An ability to thrive on chaos and a willingness to find ways to insert order to create greatness.
- Experience in developing brand positioning through research and executing on the positioning to the success of the organization.
- Experience in research and data driven decision-making that still leaves room for spontaneity within a highly creative culture.
- Experience in managing and motivating other creative professionals to success.
- Experience in managing and motivating external agency relationships.
- Experience in the development of creative brand expressions that are aligned with the excellence demanded of major brands.
- Proficient in the use of CRM database products.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment, while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- A passion for all aspects of Meow Wolf’s mission and vision.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of working with multiple constituencies to build consensus and cooperation.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal forms.
- Responsible for working with the Chief Content Officer to develop a strategic marketing plan that both builds the Meow Wolf brand and drives consumer demand and transactions for Meow Wolf’s immersive exhibitions, direct to consumer entertainment portal and other consumer-facing products.
- Responsible for working with the Chief Content Officer to develop a strategic marketing plan that supports specifically the ongoing growth of the House of Eternal Return; the launch and sustaining efforts around new market exhibits; the ongoing growth and success of direct to consumer; local, national and international events; IP content and product launches.
- Develop research driven positioning efforts that lead Meow Wolf to its brand and market goals and remain true to the overall brand positioning in all execution.
- Ensure on-brand positioning and awareness across all aspects of marketing, inbound and outbound, including content marketing, digital marketing, social marketing and branding related activities.
- Oversee the Director of Social Media in the planning and execution of social media outreach and ensure this highly effective channel of communications continues the Meow Wolf tradition of innovation, creativity, subversiveness and community building that has led to success thus far.
- Oversee the Director of Digital Marketing in the planning and execution of digital marketing efforts.
- Oversee the Director of Public Relations and Director of Special projects in the planning and execution of all press related activities including driving effective PR strategies, press releases, relationships with news media and coordination with Meow Wolf resources.
- Oversee Market Managers for each of the Meow Wolf exhibitions and drive retail venue transactions to reach financial goals.
- Ensure that all creative expressions of the Meow Wolf brand are consistent with the level of creativity demanded by the organization.
- Drive a data driven culture balanced with the need for creativity and impulsivity by implementing metrics that will measure and evaluate the ROI of all marketing efforts.
- Manage the ongoing marketing budget process by reviewing, revising and submitting budgets for all activities and work closely with the finance team to forecast expenses and revenue on a monthly basis.
- Integrate marketing efforts with the Hubspot CRM system to further drive data acquisition and forecasting capabilities.
- Manage and oversee key external partnerships that will include amazingly talented creative agencies that will help Meow Wolf achieve success.
- Research, analyze and monitor the immersive experience entertainment landscape including the competitive set, emerging trends in the field and other international, national and local trends that will impact the success of Meow Wolf so that it remains relevant and innovative.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.