About the Company
Meow Wolf is engaged in creating mind-blowing, immersive installations for traveling exhibitions and new properties that we are developing. We are seeking one or more junior designers or intern architects with exceptional 3D modeling and digital representation skills to join our growing design department in Santa Fe, NM.
The Junior Designer will work under the Design Director and Project Designers to produce high quality drawings, digital models, and graphic presentations for architectural proposals and exhibition designs, as well as working drawings for in-house fabrication and the installation of exhibitions. Candidates must be self-motivated, organized, resourceful, and capable of working collaboratively with architects, designers, fabricators, and artists on projects at multiple scales.
- Degree in architecture, interiors, industrial or exhibition design. Advanced or professional degree preferred.
- Strong digital skills and proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp and Adobe software. Experience with Revit and/or VR is a plus.
- 1-3 years experience producing design presentations and working drawings in an office setting.
- Design skills and digital abilities, evidenced by portfolio.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong work ethic, positive attitude.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE PROVIDE PORTFOLIO LINK OR PDF
- Develop design concept drawings, digital renderings and 3D visualizations for exhibition designs, architectural proposals, and sub-projects.
- Prepare digital fabrication files and working drawings for the planning, fabrication, and installation of exhibitions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining department drawing and modeling standards and file management procedures.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.