About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Financial Analyst – Corporate Development position is a valuable contributor to the strategic corporate development of a creative and expanding young company. The position focuses on investor relations, accurate reporting, managing data, researching special projects and building new systems within the organization. The position works most closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the rest of the Finance and Accounting Team, and as-needed with other departments within the company.
- Extremely organized
- Capable of managing simultaneous projects on fast timelines
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Orientation to Learning
- Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
- Customer / Client Focus
Degree in business, finance, accounting, or statistics; MBA or other relevant advanced degree desirable. 5+ years of meaningful professional experience:
- Proven track record dealing with investors and sustaining positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as key metrics for companies in the themed entertainment industry.
- Proficient with financial modeling and valuation methods used by analysts and investors.
- Positive attitude and ability to adapt to new structure. Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required; strong presence with the ability to interact with senior leadership.
- Client-focused with an entrepreneurial drive.
- Experience working in entertainment, art fields, and/or start-ups a plus.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Support investor relations
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the company’s vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value.
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework.
- Create and manage a strong reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties.
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance on regulatory matters.
- Help prepare the company’s Annual Report.
- Transaction execution
- Run the transaction process including performing strategic and quantitative analysis
- Drive the business case and financial modeling
- Conduct due diligence
- Determine appropriate valuation and transaction structure
- Make recommendations to Meow Wolf’s executive team
- Scalable development
- Work with Finance leadership to develop and operationalize strategies and best practices to help Meow Wolf scale its corporate development function
- Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts, venture capital investors and investment bankers to identify industry trends and proactively build an opportunity pipeline
- Prepare accurate reports (KPIs), debt packages, and decks, including materials for board meetings
- Manage databases
- Research special projects and building new systems within the organization, such as specific sales or visitor data requests
The ideal candidate will be organized, have great attention to detail, enjoy taking on assigned tasks and be flexible to the exciting nature of a growing company. Strong analytical skills, problem solving, financial / accounting aptitude, good writing, excellent organizing, and a sense of humor are all vital. Excel and google sheets will be regular software applications. Familiarity with navigating new cloud based and other software systems, such as PoS systems and SAAS platforms for analyzing data, with attention to new platforms to increase proficiency.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.