Product Procurement Specialist
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development. The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced product procurement specialist to manage sourcing and purchasing of a variety of fun and novelty consumer products that will be featured and sold within our immersive exhibit projects. The ideal candidate will bring experience in working with suppliers of custom, white label, and wholesale products. Product categories include consumables such as drinks, cereals, snacks and candies as well as household items, toys, games, figurines, printed goods, health and beauty supplies. This position will report to the VP of Merchandise and will work closely with exhibit project managers as assigned, as well as conceptual artists, product designers, and merchandisers on the development of products. To be successful in this role you will be skilled at researching vendors for unique products, managing production and inventory for a large number of items, and have excellent communication and negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will thrive within Meow Wolf’s fast-paced, community-oriented start-up culture and enjoy being part of an ever changing and evolving environment.
- 4+ years experience working within sourcing and purchasing functions within relevant retail consumer product categories
- Proven track record with project management and budgeting
- Highly proficient with spreadsheet functions, MS Excel, and Google Suite
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with point of sale systems
- Strong time management skills to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment, with multiple inputs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in supply chain related fields
- Experience with project management software such as Airtable and Wrike
- Experience with sourcing and purchasing for large format retailers or grocery stores
- Product development/manufacturing knowledge and experience
- Experience with retail operations, systems, and logistics
- Sourcing of vendors for a wide variety of novelty custom, white label, and wholesale consumer products
- Budgeting, planning, and forecasting of inventory needs taking into account a variety of lead times and order minimums
- Negotiation of product costing and payment terms
- Managing and tracking product details in spreadsheets and Airtable
- Setting up products in point of sale software
- Submitting purchase orders and coordination of invoices and receipts with accounts payable
- Coordination of shipping and receiving logistics
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.