Tech Project Manager
About this Position
The current job offering is to work with Meow Wolf, an award-winning arts & entertainment production company. We create and operate immersive, interactive multimedia experiences to transport audiences of all ages into fantastical realms of exploratory storytelling.
A small group of artists, writers, musicians and makers founded the collective in 2008 to create an egalitarian space for maximalist artistic expression. In 2016 Meow Wolf opened House Of Eternal Return with Game Of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin as landlord of a 30,000 square foot arts complex in Santa Fe, New Mexico that houses the installation, music venue, learning center, food trucks, bar and gift shop.
The boldly unique new form of narrative rendition immediately earned long lines around the block and headlines around the world.
The culture is radically inclusive. We give colleagues the space and resources to be highly expressive, free, inventive, and effective. This is not a traditional corporate setting but a warm, thriving and vibrant environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Our ethos is fostered by the incredible setting of Santa Fe. The 407 year old city recently scored #5 best place in the world by Conde Nast Traveler Readers Poll and winner of National Geographic’s prestigious “Sense Of Place” category in the World Legacy Awards.
Santa Fe, known as The City Different for over a century, is the nation’s oldest and highest altitude state capital as well as its third largest art market. Our city is famous for extraordinarily friendly people, inclusive attitudes, abundant history and culture, rich wellness traditions, 315 days of sunshine per year, among the cleanest air in North America, jaw dropping natural environments, the west’s most majestic sunsets and a magic to life and collaboration that simply has to be lived to be believed.
Meow Wolf is expanding to major cities around the United States but will operate from a new headquarters in Santa Fe, in an imaginatively refurbished former Caterpillar manufacturing plant.
The job offer is with Meow Wolf Inc., dba Meow Wolf Creative Studios and referred to as Creative Studios, the parent organization for all Meow Wolf subsidiary endeavors. Creative Studios is one of the fastest growing startups in the Southwest and is a Delaware registered B Corporation—a rare and socially responsible business designation.
Creative Studios comprises three subsidiaries and has been raising investment—including the fastest regulation crowdfund in history last July—to expand parent company activities to form a world class creative studio.
If you want the creative adventure of a lifetime in one of the world’s most beloved and award-winning cities, we encourage you to apply with us.
Meow Wolf is looking for a Tech Project Manager who has extensive experience and a proven track record managing teams who are developing complex, immersive installations that seamlessly weave together sensors, microcontrollers, computers, lights, sound, video, and electromechanical elements. The Tech Project Manager will work primarily with the Tech Team, Tech GM, and CTO and will interface with other teams including Project Management (company wide), Art, Design & Fabrication, and the Narrative & Content. This is a highly dynamic and fluid working environment; the ideal candidate would have a calm demeanor and be meticulously organized, while getting along with a wide array of creatives and personalities.
- 3 years+ of project managing immersive experiences
- Great communication skills
- Steadfast attention to detail
- Ability to understand the significance and impact of changes at a micro to the macro level
- Calm when deadlines are tight and the pressure is on
- Experience working with teams and members from a range of different departments including: Tech, Art, Fabrication, ++
- Experience with the logistics of packaging and shipping shows
- Managing projects in ad agencies and production houses
- Experience with TeamGantt and Asana
- A sense of humor
- Create and manage budgets
- Create and maintain schedules
- Help refine and evolve existing processes and strategies
- Interface with other teams, project managers, and artists on multiple projects
- Adapting interactivity concepts to be gratifying and dynamic for users
- Steering interactive concepts towards feasible strategies
- Help manage time and productivity of the tech team
- Identify dependencies between teams and members to ensure milestones are met with the objective of avoiding delays, where possible
Please provide a cover letter answering the following questions:
- What technologies and platforms in relation to immersive experiences are you most familiar with?
- What project management tools are you most familiar with?
- What are your strategies for resolving challenges?
- What is(are) your greatest strength(s) as a project manager?
- What is most exciting to you about project managing interactive environments?
- What is most exciting to you about joining the Meow Wolf Creative Studios?
- What is your ideal job like?
- Anything else you want us to know?
Please send examples of relevant previous projects.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.