Digital Project Manager
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studio, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
We’re hiring a self-motivated Digital Project Manager with experience leading a team and delegating tasks. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, understand systems, and work directly with stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, timeline, and budget. He or she will coordinate with other divisions of the company to ensure all aspects of projects meet the needs of cross-functional teams. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. This full-time salaried (exempt) position requires the ability and willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, we encourage you to apply.
The Digital Project Manager’s job is to remove obstacles, ensure project success, and help our design and development team stay as productive and stress-free as possible. Our ideal Project Manager will get to know each team member’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as capability, to ultimately help size tasks for each sprint so we can ensure that the team can accomplish what we’ve set out on the roadmap. You will also work with high-level executives to create new and innovative digital solutions for upcoming projects or situations.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that is diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Demonstrated experience in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: leveraging burndown charts, well-organized retrospectives, handling bugs mid-sprint, etc.)
- Bachelors or higher degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing product development and/or design teams
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deeply nested sets of requirements and dependencies
- High level of technical literacy: the ability to manage and understand technical requirements.
Strong writing and presentation skills, the ability to hold a room and present materials to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to research, propose, and adopt new software solutions to achieve job responsibilities
- Risk and issue management
- Planning and resource scheduling
- Scope management
- Guiding the team and organization on the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values with a core belief in customer delight
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Agile/Scrum maturity level of the team and organizing training, providing reference materials, and mentoring where necessary.
- Proactively identifying and helping team members remove roadblocks as they arise
- Helping build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting work done without coercion or micro-management
- Facilitating decision making and conflict resolution discussions
- Assisting with internal and external communication to help improve transparency, and generally being a great source of information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.