Human Resources Manager
About the Company
Meow Wolf’s flagship "House of Eternal Return" in Santa Fe, NM is looking for a dynamic, authentic, compassionate, and results-oriented Human Resources Manager to join our leadership team. This high-profile position reports directly to Meow Wolf’s Vice President of Human Resources, with a strong connection to HoER’s Managing Director, and is part of the leadership team at HoER.
The HR Manager is responsible for collaborating with the leadership team to sustain and enhance Meow Wolf’s incredible culture, for helping create the kind of work environment where people thrive and contribute their best to the operation of HoER, and for supporting the local execution of Meow Wolf programs and communications that will impact our people.
You might be the right candidate for Meow Wolf if you thrive in a dynamic and creative environment, have experience interacting with a full range of employees (hourly to senior level management), and have the passion (and tools) to provide stewardship for our awesome Meow Wolf culture. Ideal candidates will also have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of human resources experience, with at least two of those years in a fairly independent role; start-up experience is a plus
- Experience in an hourly employee-focused environment; understanding the dynamics and nuances of helping this population grow and thrive
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area
- Familiarity with State and Federal employment law
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment and serve as an advisor and trusted confidant to the HoER Leadership Team
Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information for unique or unfamiliar situations
- Collaborate with and provide guidance and assistance to the leadership team on all human resources issues, including employee relations, recruiting, performance management, coaching and counseling and interpreting policies and legal requirements
- Evaluate work procedures, analyze employee trends, review standards, identify methods for increasing efficiency or effectiveness, assist in ensuring that the organizational structure is manifesting properly, and provide solid recommendations for solution
- Work with employees of all levels to resolve employee relations issues by advising management regarding employment law and compliance, coordinating investigations and recommending appropriate next steps and/or corrective action
- Ensure Meow Wolf’s House of Eternal Return employees have open avenues for upward feedback and providing constructive opportunities for two-way communication between employees and leadership
- Assist with the department’s budget and ensures fiscal responsibility
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.