About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is seeking a highly skilled studio manager. The position will work collaborating with the Graphic Design Team and the rest of the departments within Meow Wolf. The position will track the timeline, deliverables, and content collection for each design project.
The ideal candidate should have experience managing projects from start to finish and the ability to manage a team. It is crucial for the studio manager to prioritize tasks on multiple projects, work well under pressure, collaborate and suggest more ways of improving existing processes and intake systems. Experience with graphic design or a similar creative field is preferred.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of the graphic design process, and the ability to communicate clearly with multiple departments and personalities. Manage a wide range of tasks for the graphic design team, including jobs requiring production, requesting vendor estimates, arranging meetings, assigning/following up on action items from meetings, keeping track of supplies, maintaining server and cloud archives of working and complete projects. The Project Manager will work closely with the graphic design team as well as other Meow Wolf departments to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget for the project.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience; BA or equivalent in Marketing/Advertising, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Meticulous attention to detail and timely execution
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, while working against tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Wrike or another project management softwa
- Manage all aspects of relationships between graphic design and other departments, handling day-to-day communications
- Act as the graphic design’s primary point-person for all our projects and teams
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of our teams and projects be proactive in foreseeing/anticipating the needs of both team, projects, and the graphic design team
- Use project management software to create production schedules for all design projects. Track projects from initial request through design development, reviews, approval, production, and delivery
- Monitor project progress and workflow. Set up projects when proposals are approved and run reports as needed
- Improve workflow and processes. Streamline and devise effective systems for more efficient management
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.