About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is passionate about expanding our core interactive art experience into the digital realm. From our online shop experience to interacting with real world art spaces and exhibitions, to adding game layers into the broader Meow Wolf experience, we are looking to develop several state of the art immersive websites and web applications for our customers.
The ideal candidate should have 2-4 years of successful software development experience with a proven track record of creating innovative customer-focused solutions.
- Knowledge of OAuth2 protocol, as well as implementation using authentication providers, such as Auth0
- Knowledge of GraphQL and GraphQL servers like Apollo
- Knowledge of Server-Side-Rendering and approaches such as Next.JS
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with modern development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to interpret visual designs and work with team members to implement specific visions
- Strong knowledge of frontend technologies (JS, HTML, CSS and preprocessors) and best practices
- Experience building responsive websites
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and intuitive front-end interfaces
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices
- Identify problems/bugs and develop elegant solutions
- Help maintain code quality
- Measure and optimize the performance of our digital products
- Make informed engineering decisions when evaluating tradeoffs at all levels of the technical stack
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.