About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced program manager to join a cross functional team that is building new and amazing enhancements to the Meow Wolf experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with product teams and successfully managing multiple projects at once. Sometimes the program manager will be working directly on a project and sometimes coordinating with other project managers. Experience driving Agile development teams is an absolute must. We are building next generation products and experiences that integrate into the broader Meow Wolf ecosystem and we need someone who is passionate about bringing these new experiences to life using Agile methodologies.
At Meow Wolf we pride ourselves in our culture, it is the glue that holds us all together. Here at Meow Wolf we are radically inclusive, highly collaborative, and passionate about creating mind-blowing immersive experiences. People who work at Meow Wolf have an opportunity to make dreams come true – both creatively and professionally. We are building a team of talented individuals to carry the Meow Wolf experience into the future. We want you to be part of that team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing the work product of development and/or design teams
- Experience using tools like JIRA to manage a product backlog and generate project reports
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals through both study and practice
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and lead a diverse team of creative and technical contributors
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deeply nested sets of requirements and dependencies
- High level of technical literacy, the ability to both manage and generally understand technical requirements
- Strong writing and presentation skills, the ability to hold a room and present materials to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to adopt new pieces of software to achieve job responsibilities
This position will interface with a dedicated team of project managers and coordinators who will act as the hub between artists, fabricators, technologists, designers and contractors.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Work related travel for meetings, project coordination, site visit, artist studio visit, partnership development and other trips related to job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Manage project constraints at all times, finding balance between the team’s capacity, feature priority, budget, risk, and overall value
- Manage the performance of cross functional teams to continuously deliver features and ultimately, the product vision
- Collaborate with product owner and other stakeholders to manage relationships with external partners and vendors
- Track and report project status and team performance in near real time
- Organize and run daily standups that are short, effective, and fun
- Collaborate with product owner and other team members to generate user stories and technical requirements that clearly communicate user needs, along with relevant acceptance criteria
- Conduct regular backlog grooming and sprint planning exercises in collaboration with the team and project stakeholders
- Collaborate with product owner to plan and organize cross functional workshops with project stakeholders and team members
- Collaborate with product owner and other team members to plan and conduct user research
- Collaborate with product owner to manage relationships between project stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team, help keep the vibe alive!
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.