About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is seeking a product manager to lead the development of new digital experiences that integrate with the physical exhibitions that Meow Wolf is so widely known for. This person will be responsible for conducting customer and market research, identifying high value opportunities, cultivating new ideas, sourcing customer and internal feedback, identifying requirements and creating feature sets, developing product strategy and roadmaps, overseeing execution in collaboration with the program manager, and generally acting as a steward for the overall product vision. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about developing compelling, user-centric digital products who is highly collaborative and enjoys working with a diverse team of creative and technical contributors.
At Meow Wolf we pride ourselves in our culture, it is the glue that holds us all together. Here at Meow Wolf we are radically inclusive, highly collaborative, and passionate about creating mind-blowing immersive experiences. People who work at Meow Wolf have an opportunity to make dreams come true – both creatively and professionally. We are building a team of talented individuals to carry the Meow Wolf experience into the future. We want you to be part of that team.
- BA / BS / MBA with a minimum of 5 years experience managing customer-facing software products from ideation through iteration
- Strong technical understanding and background – ability to work with engineering teams and understand technical constraints
- Experience using agile methodologies and tools – daily SCRUM, managing the product backlog using JIRA, developing roadmaps using Aha!
- Excellent communication skills in written format and capacity to evangelize the product vision by speaking publicly
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Ability to rapidly articulate thinking into presentation format using Keynote
- Deep capacity for both empathetic and analytical thinking
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Work related travel for meetings, project coordination, site visit, artist studio visit, partnership development and other trips related to job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Conduct research to identify target audiences and understand market conditions
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop product vision and strategy
- Develop requirements and features based on customer and business needs
- Conduct analysis to identify high value opportunities and to prioritize the product backlog
- Participate in daily SCRUM, sprint planning sessions, and sprint retrospectives
- Articulate product strategy and vision in presentation format to business stakeholders
- Create and maintain multi-year product roadmaps along side other business initiatives
- Collaborate with the program manager to ensure execution aligns with vision and strategy
- Coordinate all product communications and messaging both internally and externally
- Mentor and collaborate with contributors across the company
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.