Creative Direction Admin Assistant
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Creative Direction Administrative Assistant is an invaluable support role working with Meow Wolf’s Creative Direction Team. Working in a fast paced, creative environment, they are an invaluable support role to the whole team. This full time position will work closely with Creative Direction General Manager to develop meeting agendas, take meeting notes, maintain budgets, track spending and create filing and organizational systems. They will work closely with the Finance team, Project Management Team and Production team admins to ensure the strongest communication and alignment of process possible. The Administrative Assistant is available for general administrative tasks, data entry, errands and ordering.
The ideal candidate will be detail-focused with a strong interest in art direction, concept art and design. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and PM softwares a plus.
We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who is passionate to help establish, maintain and grow a dynamic and innovative Art Direction department, and will fit with our collaborative culture.
- Exceptional organizational skills and an ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor and ability to work with diverse personalities
- Demonstrated willingness to work independently, anticipate issues and use good judgment with basic guidance and instruction
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidently
- A refined sense of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office proficient
- Experience with google sheets/microsoft excel and financial softwares a plus
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Assisting Creative Direction General Manager
- Creation and maintenance of tracking sheets for people and resources
- Working in PM software to help track status of people and resources
- Receipt tracking, submission and data entry into project budgets
- Project materials ordering, receiving and distribution
- Maintaining filing systems, both hardcopy and digital
- Develop meeting agendas and take meeting notes
- Collaborating with other teams on admin duties as needed
- Assist team members on various projects
- Work well in groups and individually
- Extremely reliable, punctual and professional.
- Supports a positive work atmosphere by demonstrating flexibility and enthusiasm for collaboration.
- Book Travel and facilitate departmental ordering of materials, hardware and software
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.