Intermediate Designer / Architect
About the Company
Meow Wolf creative Studios is engaged in creating mind-blowing, immersive installations for traveling exhibitions and new properties that we are developing. We are seeking one or more intermediate designers or architects with exceptional design, representation and detailing skills to join our growing design department in Santa Fe, NM.
The intermediate designer or architect will work under the Design Director and Project Designers to design and develop our future exhibits and prepare working drawings for in-house fabrication and installation. Candidates must be self-motivated, organized, resourceful, and capable of working collaboratively with architects, designers, fabricators, and artists on projects at multiple scales.
- Cover letter and resume
- Name and contact information for three references
- PDF or link to online portfolio of design work
- Degree in architecture, interiors, industrial or exhibition design. Advanced or professional degree preferred.
- Strong digital skills and proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, SketchUp and Adobe software. Experience with CNC fabrication and/or Revit is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience producing design presentations and working drawings in an office setting.
- Design skills and digital abilities, evidenced by portfolio.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong work ethic, positive attitude.
- Develop design concept drawings, digital renderings and 3D visualizations for architectural proposals, exhibit designs, and sub-projects.
- Prepare drawings and digital models for planning, presentation, fabrication and installation of exhibition projects and sub-projects.
- Develop design concepts into finished plans, details and material specifications.
- Assist in developing and maintaining department drawing and modeling standards and file management procedures.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.