Director of Facilities
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The Director of Facilities at Meow Wolf, Inc, will oversee and manage the support for all physical properties across the company. We are looking for a professional with strong Facilities Management experience who has a deep understanding of how to motivate a team to reach their goals and the experience to manage operations growth while navigating 7 properties across Santa Fe. A successful Director of Facilities will be able to do all of this while advancing the unique culture and goals of Meow Wolf, Inc.
At its core, Meow Wolf, Inc. is a company that is committed to having a positive impact on our society at large, our employees and local community. These issues will need to be top of mind in all endeavors taken on behalf of the company by our Director of Facilities.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The right candidate is committed to help the Meow Wolf family achieve our goals and will accomplish that objective by providing a broad array of leadership. Specifically, our Director of Facilities will:
Facilities and Property Management
- Serve as Meow Wolf’s subject matter expert in planning and implementing all project work, major upgrades or repairs, service calls, and work requests
- Oversee the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire/life safety, and Manage all company utilities accounts and ensure efficient use of the building systems heating and cooling schedules, water usage, electrical, etc…,)
- Maintain buildings and grounds at all Meow Wolf Facilities which includes but is not limited to managing daily and weekly cleaning schedule
- Oversee contractors involved in facility projects and delivery of services
- Develop and direct the Facilities budget and long-range facilities plans based on company growth and future facilities needs, and work closely with Finance as relevant to manage expenses
- Lead negotiations with outside vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures
- Consult and advise on design and operations for out of state facilities
- Advises in regard to the facilities operations at LLC and as is relevant, works closely with the Director of Facilities at the LLC.
- Respond to incident reports that require facilities improvements or maintenance and maintain accident / incident log per OSHA standards
- Work closely with the Safety Steward to coordinate and implement employee safety trainings as relevant across the company
- Coordinate all safety inspections and OSHA compliance
- Coordinate and monitor safety self-inspections weekly at facilities
- Ensure building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations
- Manage safety policies and procedures in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including OSHA
- Manage safety training program for employees
- Implement PPE requirements for each job function; assigns PPE and maintain inventory of consumables
- Maintain MSDS binder for all substances, in at least two locations, as required by OSHA
- Perform post-accident investigations and determines refinement of safety practices to avoid reoccurrence
- Hold monthly safety meetings as required by OSHA; document attendance and meeting topic
- Train and implement 5S and Visual Workplace theories
- Responsible for information and monitoring what chemicals (e.g., associated with spray paints, paint thinner, etc) could be used onsite and how to properly dispose of the waste
- At least 5 years Facilities management experience
- Overall broad knowledge of OSHA and workplace safety best practices
- Ability to develop short and long term strategies and objectives
- High degree of professional integrity
- Excellent judgement
Meow Wolf, Inc. is growing rapidly. This position requires an extremely capable and fast-paced individual who can not only maintain the current culture and processes but help us to manage our operations and swift growth. The right candidate loves working with people, can manage projects within a budget, is nimble under pressure, and enjoys a challenge.
Manage a team of four– Two facilities project management leads and two members of the maintenance crew. Hire and onboard new team members as necessary and manage team structure and communication as the company grows.
- Communication – Able to be the hub between creators, managers, vendors, and leaders to integrate all safety consideration
- Collaboration – be a willing participant in our collaborative culture supporting both creative and management stakeholders
- Demonstrated, solid proficiency in time management skills, alongside confidence in organizing vast amounts of data
- Resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment
- Be a people person. Love interacting with colleagues and can recognize that her or his work helps to advance our collective vision every day
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.