About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a division of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full-time Talent Manager to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
The Talent Manager will play a key role in a fast-paced, detail-focused, and sometimes chaotic team environment. This position will work directly with MWEs Director of Production and staff artists to develop original content across multiple platforms. Prior experience fostering talent and developing their projects – among other roles that have been deeply involved with media pre-production, production, and live event/performance booking – is necessary. This individual should be a leader who can work extremely well with others, be an exceptional communicator, and have a desire to help pioneer a new media company.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative media studio.
- Vision and intuition for guiding an artist’s career path through an ever-changing media climate
- Have booked or coordinated a multi-city tour for an artist
- Ability to understand relevant legal contracts and the tenacity to negotiate the best deals
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and the intuition to make graceful, solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Able to accommodate shifting priorities across multiple projects in different phases of development/production
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidentially
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
- Abundance of common sense
- Strong relationships with bookers, agents, and record labels
- Familiarity with Spanish language & New Mexican culture is also desirable
- Experience working in pre-production & production of media projects desirable
- Managing most aspects of an artist’s career growth (comedians, musicians, artists, etc.)
- Establish business meetings, performances, and public appearances for artists
- Strategize and execute the promotional strategy for an artist and their projects in coordination with Meow Wolf’s marketing department
- Drafting pitches, treatments, pitch decks, development greenlight proposals, and production greenlight proposals for an artist’s show concepts
- Taking responsibility for the logistics of assigned projects, from development and pre-production, and in some cases through the completion of production and post-production. This will include supporting the creative team and artist: note-taking, scheduling meetings with agendas, task management, research, tracking timelines, reporting, and budgeting
- Assist in maintaining processes and procedures for tracking the project pipeline, submissions, status updates, success metrics, partner relationships, and optimizing strategy of development slate
- New talent scouting and tracking
- Synergizing various projects across multiple departments and contributors to reduce redundancy and keep everyone up-to-date
- Leverage in-house creative and logistical resources to relentlessly hone ideas and strengthen pitches
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.