Live Streaming / Podcast Project Manager
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a division of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full-time Live Streaming / Narrative Audio Project Manager (including podcasts) to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
The Project Manager will play a key role in a fast-paced, detail-focused, and sometimes chaotic team environment. This position will work directly with MWEs Director of Production and act as a source of budgeting, scheduling, and production planning for assigned MWE in-house narrative audio (including podcasts) and/or live streaming content. Prior experience as a producer, project manager, or production manager – among other roles that have been deeply involved with narrative audio or live streaming – are a plus. This individual should be a leader who can work extremely well with others, be an exceptional communicator, and have a desire to help pioneer a new media company.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative media studio.
- Experience with audio, podcast, and/or video live streaming production management
- Understanding and intuition for what makes top quality content, and direction of industry trends
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and the intuition to make calm, solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidentially
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
Experience producing audio or video content at live events (such as concerts, conferences, brand activations, or competitions) is a plus
- Taking responsibility for the logistics of assigned narrative audio (including podcasts) and live streaming productions, from development and pre-production through the completion of distribution
- Drafting development green light proposals and production green light proposals
- Partnering with creative directors to pitch and execute cutting edge story/project ideas
- Booking and scheduling guests/influencers for podcasts, live streams, and other shows
- Shifting focus between multiple productions at once, across the narrative audio and live streaming mediums
- Help make editorial decisions with a discerning eye – willing to advocate for sacrifices that are best for the project
- Creating industry-standard budgets and schedules. Once projects are approved, PM will help to track costs, follow timelines, manage potential overages, and provide real-time project updates to MWE leadership
- Coordinating between various departments that relate to production logistics, and streamlining areas such as: contracts, location management, invoices, insurance coverage, casting, crew deal memos, travel and shipping, call sheets, production reports, cast and crew lists, and compliance with relevant union report requirements
- Compiling wrap books once a project is completed
- Joining a team of visionary independent media makers to help build a studio of the future
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.