Senior Web Developer
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The current job offering is for a web applications developer who is proficient with React.js. Your primary focus will be on developing UI components and implementing them using modern workflows. You will ensure that these components and the overall applications are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the mobile/web team, working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and maintainable well-structured code is important.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with React/Redux, including Redux Persist (SQLite Store)
- Experience with data structure libraries, such as Immutable.js and mori
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and the JSON 1.0 Specification
- Knowledge of OAuth2 protocol, as well as implementation using authentication providers, such as Auth0
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, including Git version control and continuous integration with FastlaneTools, Jenkins and/or CircleCI
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android ecosystems
- Ability to interpret visual designs and work with team members to implement specific visions
- Comfortable collaborating with a diverse group of team members and project managers to understand business needs, recommend solutions and estimate timelines
- Can give and receive constructive feedback and clearly communicate ideas and concerns to others
- Build web applications using React.js
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Deep knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs as the datasource for React.js web apps
- Collaborate with team members to provide design and development feedback, project timeline estimations and high quality websites and systems. Recommend process changes, best practices and technical solutions as needed
- Ability to Lead a team of developers, help guide and education on the best pathways to solve the problems at hand.
- Working closely with the Digital Project manager and Director to lead the team on technologies, code bases, and infrastructure.
- Strong leadership skills are a huge plus.
This job operates in a professional/contemporary office environment with many other Meow Wolf teams. This role includes standard equipment such as computers, keypad, mouse, laptop (if necessary), and other perks such as snacks, 1 hour for lunch and surprise donut drop-offs.
Employee will receive a sit/stand desk with chair.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position through 2018. There is potential travel to support staff for the 1st Major Market in 2019.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.