About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Project Manager is a leader in a fast paced, creative environment that is focused on communication and integrating management processes into the creative endeavors of Meow Wolf. The Project Manager will work closely with other departments as well as external clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget for the project. Experience in managing teams of all sizes as well as tracking budgets and deadlines needed. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets required and experience with scheduling and project management software and Gantt charts a plus. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture.
Meow Wolf, Inc. is growing rapidly. This position requires an extremely capable and fast-paced individual who can not only maintain the current culture and processes but help develop and refine our systems as we scale. The right candidate loves creating new systems and structures and enjoys a challenge.
- 5+ years experience as a Project Manager
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office proficient
- Gantt and project management softwares experience a plus
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree or better
- Collaborate with artistic directors, artists, production, fabrication teams and external clients to clarify specific requirements of each project
- Set deadlines and manage team to successful completion of short and long term goals
- Create and manage project budgets
- Tracks all expenses as they occur
- Reports on project process and reforecasts as needed
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Create and manage multi-phase project timelines from concept design through production install
- Collaborate with production heads to create schedules and production teams
- Build and maintain gantt charts and tasks in project management software (Wrike)
- Work with production teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Work with artists and Exhibitions team to help find creative solutions to problems as they arise
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Assist in contract negotiation
- Maintain thorough communication across production team
- Experience managing location based entertainment projects in the production phase a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Work related travel for meetings, project coordination, site visit, artist studio visit, partnership development and other trips related to job. This position is based in Santa Fe, NM and may require temporary relocation to another city during the installation of our exhibitions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.