Warehouse / Inventory Coordinator
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development. The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is seeking a meticulously organized individual to join our new Merchandise team to manage our small but growing warehouse and inventory of consumer products. This full time position will report to the VP of Merchandise and work closely with our gift shop and online shop employees. Implementing warehouse policies and procedures, this position will be the gatekeeper to our inventory, controlling and tracking everything that comes in and out of the warehouse.
This position will be responsible for evolving the layout and planning of the warehouse space, all shipping and receiving, inventory counts, and replenishment of products to our gift shops. To be successful in this role you should demonstrate a passion for maintaining a well organized ship, be meticulously accurate with inventory counting, and be willing to take on a variety of assignments as needed. You will bring experience in general warehouse management and fulfilment, and a proficiency working with computers, spreadsheets, and shipping systems. Experience with inventory management software, data analysis/ reporting, and purchasing is a plus. The ideal candidate will thrive within Meow Wolf’s fast-paced, community-oriented start-up culture and enjoy being part of an ever evolving team.
- 3+ years warehouse/fulfillment experience with consumer goods
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and proficient with keeping accurate inventory counts
- Proficient in warehouse management system methodology and concepts
- Proficient in general computer skills, MS Excel, as well as standard math and email communications
- Ability to lift and move heavy boxes and bins onto shelving
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty, trustworthiness, and ability to work within a team
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with POS/Inventory management software systems and purchasing
- Experience with ecom platforms and fulfillment
- Experience with processes and regulations related to importing/exporting goods
- Experience within the apparel industry
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Control and track all inflow and outflow of products at the Merchandise warehouse
- Determine and maintain efficient warehouse layout, stocking methods, and organization of products to facilitate inventory counting and pulling orders
- Schedule and receive product shipments, inspect and count to confirm quality and quantities
- Perform continuous rolling inventory counts on a style by style basis as well as full warehouse semi-yearly inventory counts
- Implementation of warehouse policies and procedures
- Tagging, stickering, or repackaging of products as needed
- Deliver and replenish product for the gift shop and assist in organizing inventory levels in the gift shop storage areas
- Assist in analysis of inventory reports and re-ordering of product
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.