Narrative Production Manager
About this Position
Meow Wolf is engaged in creating mind-blowing, immersive installations. Each installation has a story—or dozens. The Narrative Department generates and brings to life narrative experiences in our permanent exhibitions, telling these stories through digital and physical content, as well as live performance. We are seeking a Narrative Producer to lead the production of narrative elements for a range of future projects.
This position reports to the Director of Exhibition Narrative and works collaboratively with project managers, art directors, artists, fabricators, external contractors, and others on the Narrative Team and across the company to drive development of Narrative content through all phases of the production process.
- Tracks and manages narrative production budget
- Manages the production of all narrative elements through all stages of development, including costumes, fabricated artifacts, graphic content, and digital content
- Manages a team of narrative fabricators—Costume and Puppet Designer, Fabricator, Graphic Designers, Animators, as well as contracted artists, as needed
- Serves as primary liaison between narrative department, Project Managers, exhibition production teams (Sound, Fab, Art, Design, and Tech), and Meow Wolf Entertainment production teams
- With MWE’s performance department, serves as producer for in-exhibition performance installations. May include casting actors, coordinating design needs, hiring and training production/stage managers
- Leads the Narrative Team in the absence of the Director of Exhibition Narrative
- 5-10 years of experience producing large-scale projects in the art, design, or entertainment industries
- 5-10 years of professional experience leading complex projects through all phases of the design and production process
- Experience in producing/managing live performance; preferred experience casting and managing actors
- Ability to self manage while managing teams and projects under deadline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and managing production budgets
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to design collaboratively as part of a large creative team
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.