Inventory and Logistics Manager
About this Position
Meow Wolf is seeking an extremely qualified and capable Inventory/Logistics Manager to join our Exhibitions team. This individual will provide leadership in the creation, execution and maintenance of an inventory and assets network structure to optimize organizational processes across all Exhibitions Departments.
Collaborating with Department Heads, the Inventory and Logistics Manager will develop and oversee a raw inventory system that ties into an evolving purchasing system, and ensure that all final assets which represent our massive scale permanent and temporary art installations are documented, stored, shipped, and transported appropriately. In addition, they will be responsible for researching shipping methods and be required to purchase, maintain, and coordinate the vessels involved with the shipping of artworks. They will serve as an expert for inventory and asset management systems and data analysis, identification/resolution of issues, and will lead process improvement initiatives.
They must be calm under pressure and have experience working on very large scale projects with a diverse team. Most importantly they must be creative in finding solutions to inventory tracking, storage, and shipping concerns in unique spaces.
Meow Wolf is growing rapidly and this position requires an extremely capable and fast-paced individual who can not only maintain the current culture and processes but help develop and refine our systems as we scale. The right candidate loves creating new systems and structures and enjoys a challenge.
- 3+ years in depth experience managing inventory, distribution and operational procedures in large scale production fields
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Management
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and warehouse management systems a plus
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office, database experience necessary
- Gantt and project management systems experience a plus
- Fine art packing, shipping and storage experience as well as archival knowledge of various art materials and mediums
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Work related travel for meetings, project coordination, site visit, artist studio visit, partnership development and other trips related to job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Inventory and Asset Database
- Strong excel/database management skills to help create a digital platform to track all of Meow Wolf’s inventory and assets
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting functions, with a grasp of how inventory and accounts relate to each other
- Experience developing, implementing, and/or operating an inventory/asset control and tracking system to streamline business operations
- Ability to forecast potential inventory issues
- Able to pick up new software systems and data analysis tools swiftly
- Serve as an expert for inventory and asset management systems and data analysis, identification/resolution of issues, and lead process improvement initiatives
Finished Asset Documentation
- Update maintenance and inspections records as needed
- Maintain cross departmental documentation
- Develop and manage artwork condition reporting systems
- Track asset usage by various departments and divisions on a daily basis as needed
Finished Product Storage and Transport
- Working knowledge and ability to package/prepare shipments for transport
- Understanding of materials ranging from art to fabrication to tech components in relation to storage and shipping conditions such as temperature, sunlight, fragility, etc.
- Experience managing property insurance for finished artworks
- Knowledge of various freight carriers to negotiate pricing, prepare Bills of Lading and ensure timely pickup and delivery of shipments
- Understanding of or willingness to learn about insurance requirements for shipment and storage of artworks
- Setup and maintain out-of-state warehouses for temporary storage
- Communication – Able to be the hub between creators, managers, vendors, and leaders
- Empathy – Help us stay true to our roots and core as we grow and expand in our creative endeavors
- Collaboration – be a willing participant in our collaborative culture supporting both creative and management stakeholders
- Demonstrated, solid proficiency in time management skills, alongside confidence in organizing vast amounts of data
- Resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment
- Ability to read, understand, and apply information from technical drawings, material specifications, and applicable regulatory documents
- Able to swiftly pick up new software systems and data analysis tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.