Human Resources Manager
About this Position
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all HR functions for Meow Wolf’s flagship location, House of Eternal Return (a.k.a. MW Santa Fe LLC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Meow Wolf Inc. In collaboration with the HR Team that operates at the corporate level, it is the HR Manager’s job to interpret policy and practices that flow from the parent company and implement them at the subsidiary level. The HR Manager maintains solid, high-functioning people management systems for a staff of around 100 employees and strives for excellence in communication and service to the staff at all stages of the employee experience.
The Human Resources Manager is an innovator in their field. S/he draws upon a creative passion for and experience in HR and seeks opportunities to think outside the box. The ideal candidate is invested in a holistic approach to HR, one that is focused on stewarding Meow Wolf’s unique company culture while providing steadfast leadership in human resources management. S/he must be open minded and capable of finding solutions that are nuanced, deeply human and compassionate, while shielding the company from risk. S/he is someone who thrives in a dynamic and creative environment, providing HR management to a diverse team spanning multiple departments with varying needs.
- 3 to 5 years experience in human resources management; experience working with a staff of 50 or more and/or working with a start-up company a plus.
- Experience and competency with digital platforms, including Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS), Google Suite, secure file sharing, email, and digital employee file management.
- Adept at learning new digital platforms and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, technical and research skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law, labor market, hourly, and wage regulations and best practices.
- Must be resilient, adaptable, persuasive, positive, ethical, and possess a can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and exercise discretion.
- Enthusiasm for creating an approachable, easily accessible, and “people focused” HR environment.
- Demonstrates grace under pressure, can be the calm in the center of the storm, and find joy in the challenges of the job.
- Enjoys collaboration and being part of a team.
- Manages all payroll and benefits administration for MW Santa Fe LLC and manages relationship between our HRMS provider and MW Santa Fe LLC.
- Manages employee relations issues, ensuring a balanced role as both employee advocate and management counsel.
- Maintains expert knowledge of all company policies and guidelines. Maintains proficient understanding of all LLC operations.
- Builds on existing cultural norms and traditions and works across diverse teams.
- Protects the interests of the business in accordance with Meow Wolf’s policies and appropriate governmental laws and regulations.
- Partners with other managers to identify high performers to understand and evaluate retention techniques and career development opportunities; partner as well on lower performing employees to develop performance improvement or exit strategies.
- Develops and manages the annual budget for HR at MW Santa Fe LLC.
- Provides compensation consultation in coordination with the LLC Managing Director and LLC Hiring Managers.
- Trains, communicates and develops HR guidelines for the LLC, in coordination with HR at the corporate level, with the objective of promoting Meow Wolf core values.
- Follows compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act ( FLSA).
- Minimizes company’s exposure to liability issues with regards to employees.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.