Project Manager with Marketing Experience
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studio, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Project Manager is a leader in a fast paced, creative environment that is focused on communication and integrating management processes into the creative endeavors of Meow Wolf. The project manager will work closely with other departments as well as external clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget for the project. Experience in managing teams of all sizes as well as tracking budgets and deadlines needed. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets required and experience with scheduling and project management software and Gantt charts a plus. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- 5+ years experience working in project management
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office, experience with Gantt and project management systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Communication – Able to be the hub between creators, managers, vendors, and leaders
- Empathy – Help us stay true to our roots and core as we grow and expand in our creative endeavors
- Collaboration – be a willing participant in our collaborative culture supporting both creative and management stakeholders
- Critical thinking
- Creative problem solving
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Duties Will Include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team, artistic directors, artists and external clients to clarify specific requirements of each project
- Set deadlines and manage team to successful completion of short and long term goals
- Create and manage project budgets
- Tracks all expenses as they occur
- Reports on project process and reforecasts as needed
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Work with artists and Creative Studio team to help find creative solutions to problems as they arise
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Assist in contract negotiation
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.