About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a division of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full time Documentary Filmmaker to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
This position will be focused on developing, shooting, editing, and producing video content to support Meow Wolf’s Marketing and Business Development departments, for both internal and external clients. This position will benefit anyone interested in many different aspects of the media industry, from development to release across all formats and mediums.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative company.
- Experience with various camera systems including RED, Canon, Sony etc.
- Knowledge of sound, lighting, and other studio equipment
- Proven experience with post-production software including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Davinci Resolve, Adobe Lightroom, and Adobe After Effects
- Experience using budgeting and scheduling software such as Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, etc
- Experience conducting on-camera interviews
- Strong attention to detail and established creative identity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under time pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Pro Tools, Avid
- Experience in advertising and social media campaigns
- Experience as a Production Coordinator, Production Manager, and/or AD
- In conjunction with MWE, collaborate directly with Meow Wolf’s Marketing and Business Development departments by developing video content as required using a variety of digital video equipment and various industry-standard editing tools.
- Shoot, edit and deliver final content in required formats; ensure technical quality of end product
- Develop, shoot, edit and deliver all content on time and on budget
- Concurrently manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Communicate with all relevant departments and stakeholders
- Ensure consistent Meow Wolf brand representation and unified look and feel for the company image
- Oversee the security, operation, and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing
- Perform any additional duties as directed or required
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.