About this Position
Hiring an experienced Staff Accountant to support Meow Wolf LLC to include daily support for all functions of accounting, operations team, company culture and a progressive, changing work environment. Applicants should be highly skilled in relationship management, emotional intelligence and decision making.
Thorough knowledge of accounting and on-site operations; thorough knowledge of budgeting and generally accepted accounting principles; ability to maintain technical competence in accounting, tax matters and emerging industry innovations; ability to direct and coordinate accounting functions; ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English; ability to access, input, analyze and retrieve information from computers; ability to maintain excellent relations with staff; ability to maintain staff and company confidentiality at all times; exceptional oral communication skills to negotiate and persuade staff to achieve results beneficial to the company; ability to add and subtract three digit numbers; ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but, not limited to percentages, dollars, cents, feet, inches, cups, pounds and ounces; ability to create, implement and monitor department and staff goals, strategies and policies.
- A minimum of 3 years’ progressive accounting experience in a related industry.
- Two or Four-year college degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Overall support for the Santa Fe operating location, including training and development/coverage of open positions
- Income statement preparation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Tax payments
- Strategic planning/budgeting/forecasting
- Safeguarding all assets and compliance with internal controls and procedures
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.