Director of Finance and/or Controller
About this Position
Hiring an experienced Finance Leader to support Meow Wolf LLC and Meow Wolf Creative Studios to include daily support for all functions of accounting, staff training, team development, company culture and a progressive, changing work environment. Applicants should be highly skilled in relationship management, emotional intelligence and decision making.
Thorough knowledge of accounting and on-site operations; thorough knowledge of budgeting and generally accepted accounting principles; ability to maintain technical competence in accounting, tax matters and emerging industry innovations; ability to direct and coordinate accounting functions; ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English; ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct employees and managers to achieve desired results; ability to access, input, analyze and retrieve information from computers; ability to maintain excellent relations with staff; ability to maintain staff and company confidentiality at all times; ability to accept responsibility for actions of others; ability to manage by example; exceptional oral communication skills to negotiate and persuade staff to achieve results beneficial to the company; ability to add and subtract three digit numbers; ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but, not limited to percentages, dollars, cents, feet, inches, cups, pounds and ounces; ability to create, implement and monitor department and staff goals, strategies and policies. Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of company information and pertinent data.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience in a related industry
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
Dynamics Great Plains, Expensify, JPM Credit Cards, Square Up POS, Microsoft Office
- Overall management of the accounting staff, including training and development/coverage of open positions
- Income statement preparation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Tax payments
- Strategic planning/budgeting/forecasting
- Safeguarding all assets and compliance with internal controls and procedures
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.