Summer Performer (Seasonal)
About this Position
Meow Wolf is hiring full-time seasonal performers from mid-May through mid-August. Performers must be strong actors in scripted and improvisational settings. Experience performing in immersive scenarios is required. An additional talent or skill is also necessary (a wide variety of skills applies here, see details below). Please attach a performance resume and cover letter that detail your experience with a variety of acting styles, your particular skills, and a link to a video reel if you have one. Successful candidates, whose applications clearly demonstrate relevant experience and meet the requirements, will be contacted to send an audition video and potentially set up an audition and/or interview.
Meow Wolf is seeking performers available to work 30-40 hours per week from mid-May through mid-August 2018. Summer performers will work in both scripted and unscripted/immersive/improvisational performances. In addition to being excellent actors and improvisors, performers will demonstrate at least one other talent or skill which can be realized in programming as a lesson, class, show, activity, or tour. Performers will have a regular 5 day per week schedule for the summer, with most shifts being 7 hours long. Weekends are required.
- Experience acting in an immersive environment
- Experience acting in scripted performances
- Experience with improvisation
- Experience working in close proximity to an audience, including direct interaction with audience
- Demonstrated good judgment dealing directly with an audience in close proximity; a record of good customer service
- Demonstrated willingness to perform in costume and makeup for 7-hour work days (with breaks)
- Demonstrated ability to respond professionally in difficult or complicated visitor interactions
- Willingness to work required schedule, including evenings and weekends
- In addition to excellent acting skills, demonstrated additional talent, including but not limited to the following examples: music, dance, circus skills, art, stage makeup/body/face painting, stand-up comedy, roller skating, puppetry, teaching obscure subjects, etc.
- Access to reliable transportation to and within Santa Fe
The ideal job candidate will also:
- Be familiar with Meow Wolf and The House of Eternal Return
- Be bilingual or multilingual (particularly but not exclusively in English, Spanish, and ASL)
This is a seasonal position to begin no earlier than mid-May and end no later than mid-August.
Hours spent getting into costume and makeup will be compensated.
- Portraying already-established characters in both scripted and unscripted/immersive environments
- Working with the programming team to develop characters
- Working with the programming team to develop specific activities and performances for characters
- Bringing the House of Eternal Return exhibit to life for summer crowds
- Performing in costume for a 7-hour work day, 5 days a week
- Preparing and presenting multiple characters and performances throughout the week
- Performing inside Meow Wolf’s immersive, interactive exhibit, The House of Eternal Return
- Performing outside Meow Wolf, interacting in character with visitors waiting in line
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills and participating in professional, polite, thoughtful visitor interactions
- Staying in character while in public spaces at Meow Wolf Santa Fe
- Demonstrating professional behavior, punctuality, reliability, and excellent judgment