Fan Network Community Manager
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a division of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full time Fan Network Community Manager to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
The Community Manager will play a key role in a fast-paced, detail-focused, and sometimes chaotic team environment. The candidate would act as an integral avenue of communication and organization between Meow Wolf and its rapidly growing online fanbase. This position will benefit anyone interested in becoming well-versed in many different aspects of the media industry, especially distribution, audience-building, and community engagement.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative media studio.
- 3+ years of social media, marketing, or community engagement experience (bonus points if within the arts and video industries)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially for social media and storytelling
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience
- Growing Meow Wolf’s brand and community engagement globally
- Acting as one of the genuine, trusted, and charming public faces of Meow Wolf
- Managing and facilitating the fan network’s daily editorial calendar in coordination with the entertainment and marketing departments
- Monitoring and engaging with questions, comments, and feedback from Meow Wolf’s audience (both within the fan network and on social media)
- Writing pitch-perfect blog, video, and social media posts
- Communicating and resolving community’s questions and feedback with internal stakeholders
- Acting as a liaison with influencers and seeking out the best partnerships
- Spearheading the development of features and bug requests for the Meow Wolf fan network website
- Lead, develop, and execute creation of incredible social media content and eCommerce campaigns
- Supervising interns and managing intern projects
- Performing growth hacking assignments, and aligning Meow Wolf with key trends
- Analyzing and reporting fan network performance, engagement, and growth
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.