Line Cook (Seasonal)
About this Position
This is a seasonal position. The line cook ensures that food is made to the exact specifications. As the line cook you must be ready to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment, while retaining organizational ability to see and act on work duties quickly and efficiently.
The line cook’s role is to cook all assigned food items in a timely fashion while upholding standards for health, sanitation, safety, and quality.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and cu