Editor / 2D-3D Compositor
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a department of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full time Editor to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on post-production for a variety of exciting endeavors.
We are searching for an editing wizard and expert compositor, as well as a creative problem-solver with experience in all phases of post-production through design, edit, and delivery. Experience with 2D/3D animation and motion graphics is a plus. We know you’re out there!
The Editor will work closely with MWE development and production teams to schedule and meet in-house project milestones. The Editor must utilize and maintain a pipeline that can support immediate and future needs. They will be responsible for seeing projects from start to finish.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our post-production and animation department in Santa Fe and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will provide leadership and collaboration to help establish, maintain and grow a dynamic and innovative media studio.
Please provide a cover letter, examples of relevant current work, and demo reel.
- Must have proficiency in all phases of post-production and editing with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- Experience working as a motion graphics designer a plus
- Thorough working knowledge of VFX, 2D compositing software, and related pipeline
- Background in both commercial and artistic forms of editing
- A thorough knowledge of cinematic language and narrative structure
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to art direction and perform well within a team environment
- Experience being part of a team of interdisciplinary people
- Must be able to adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision and work well under pressure
- Able to manage multiple tasks and make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidentially
- 3D animation and integration skills
- Live action production experience
- Audio and animation post-production experience
- Work closely with the Head of Post-Production to satisfy post-production needs for Meow Wolf Entertainment projects
- Assist in maintaining MWE’s post-production facilities
- Creative editorial of media content as required using a variety of industry-standard tools, including Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Davinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Audition, Nuke, Pro Tools, Character Animator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Support established post-production workflow and pipeline guidelines to edit and deliver final content in required formats
- Ensure technical quality of end product
- Edit and deliver all content on time and on budget
- Communicate with all relevant departments and stakeholders
- Collaborate with other team members to maintain a vibrant and cohesive production process and environment
- Oversee the security, operation, and maintenance of equipment utilized in Meow Wolf Entertainment’s production workflow
- Perform additional duties as directed or required
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.