Performance Executive Producer
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a division of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full-time Executive Producer of the Performance Department to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
This position will help to manage all active projects in the newly formed Performance Department of MWE and work to improve the organization’s performance. This individual will manage a variety of areas that require close attention to detail including balancing and coordinating the business and financial aspects of the Performance Department, in service of creative vision. This individual will work closely with Artistic Director and Ensemble Members of Performance Department as well as across fields within MW Creative Studios and MWE. This individual will drive the goals and trajectory of the department toward success.
This individual will report directly to MWE’s leadership. Prior experience as a program manager, project manager, production manager, theatrical producer, artistic producer and other positions that involve management of and coordination between multiple projects with a theatrical bent is a plus.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique dedicated department apart of a growing organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative theatre department-specializing in immersive and site specific work.
- Background and passion in theatre, more specifically: immersive theatre, site specific, or experiential work.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and the intuition to make calm, solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidently
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
- Collaborates with Artistic Director to help realize the department’s vision
- Creates and oversees the budgets, schedules, progress, and deadlines for various projects
- Develops long and short-term marketing and advertising strategies, including social media
- Conduct and track meetings with directors, performers, spaces, managers, and other staff
- Arrange rehearsal space, studio space, and/or production space
- Prepare operating reports, rehearsal call sheets, and equity paperwork
- Design and manage team communication systems to help field input, track projects, approvals, creative reviews, vendor/partners, etc (ie. Asana, Slack etc)
- Working with MWE leadership to prepare materials (ie. Pitch Decks, marketing assets, content catalogues, etc) for presentations and partnership building
- Helping to establish a Pixar-like environment where MWE team members are supported and culture is prioritized
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.