Tech Project Coordinator
About this Position
The current job offering is to work with Meow Wolf, an award-winning arts & entertainment production company. We create and operate immersive, interactive multimedia experiences to transport audiences of all ages into fantastical realms of exploratory storytelling.
A small group of artists, writers, musicians and makers founded the collective in 2008 to create an egalitarian space for maximalist artistic expression. In 2016 Meow Wolf opened House Of Eternal Return with Game Of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin as landlord of a 30,000 square foot arts complex in Santa Fe, New Mexico that houses the installation, music venue, learning center, food trucks, bar and gift shop.
The boldly unique new form of narrative rendition immediately earned long lines around the block and headlines around the world.
The culture is radically inclusive. We give colleagues the space and resources to be highly expressive, free, inventive, and effective. This is not a traditional corporate setting but a warm, thriving and vibrant environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Our ethos is fostered by the incredible setting of Santa Fe. The 407 year old city recently scored #5 best place in the world by Conde Nast Traveler Readers Poll and winner of National Geographic’s prestigious “Sense Of Place” category in the World Legacy Awards.
Santa Fe, known as The City Different for over a century, is the nation’s oldest and highest altitude state capital as well as its third largest art market. Our city is famous for extraordinarily friendly people, inclusive attitudes, abundant history and culture, rich wellness traditions, 315 days of sunshine per year, among the cleanest air in North America, jaw dropping natural environments, the west’s most majestic sunsets and a magic to life and collaboration that simply has to be lived to be believed.
Meow Wolf is expanding to major cities around the United States but will operate from a new headquarters in Santa Fe, in an imaginatively refurbished former Caterpillar manufacturing plant.
The job offer is with Meow Wolf Inc., dba Meow Wolf Creative Studios and referred to as Creative Studios, the parent organization for all Meow Wolf subsidiary endeavors. Creative Studios is one of the fastest growing startups in the Southwest and is a Delaware registered B Corporation—a rare and socially responsible business designation.
Creative Studios comprises three subsidiaries and has been raising investment—including the fastest regulation crowdfund in history last July—to expand parent company activities to form a world class creative studio.
If you want the creative adventure of a lifetime in one of the world’s most beloved and award-winning cities, we encourage you to apply with us.
Meow Wolf is in search of a unique person who is comfortable working with artists and technologists. This person is passionate about contributing to a team whose focus is creative technology and understands the maker DIY mindset driven by ideation. The tech team has multiple projects simultaneously and interacts with other disciplines companywide such as: art, digital, fabrication, sound, entertainment, etc.
Meow Wolf’s Tech Project Coordinator will be the first point of contact for the technology team’s project load. The Tech Project Coordinator will track various resources within projects, manage calendars, manage project travel, create proposals and reports, generate and track project budgets, mediate meetings, coordinate vendors, etc. This person will be a fast learner and adaptable to the pace of a growing start-up.
- Has empathy for both the creative and technical mindset and navigates ambiguity into clarity and order
- Google Calendar, Drive, Docs, etc.
- Asana, TeamGantt, Slack, or equivalent
- Knowledge of project management or technical producing
- Knowledge of software and hardware development life-cycles
- Knowledge of one or more disciplines: audio, video, hobby electronics, system administration, scripting, fabrication
- Comfortable using project management tools like Wrike, TeamGantt, Asana, or equivalent
- Advance office productivity skills like scheduling, creating documents, spreadsheets, slides, reports, etc.
- Efficient processing of project status reports, expense reports, purchasing, shipping and other project logistics
- Extremely proficient written and verbal communicator
- Quality Focus
- Radical Inclusiveness
- Knowledge and Skills
- Team Focus
Nice to have
- Familiarity with A/V, computers, microcontrollers, sensors, networking
- Familiarity with fabrication like 3D printing, laser cutting, soldering, molding, etc.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also includes standard equipment for immersive experiences such as sensors, microcontrollers, computers, lights, sound, video, and electromechanical elements.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Limited travel is expected for this position through 2018. There is a greater potential for travel in 2019.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of project coordination in a creative studio
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please provide a cover letter answering the following questions:
- What technologies, platforms, processes, and/or languages are you most familiar with?
- What technologies do you hope to learn more about or work with in the future?
- What is(are) your greatest strength(s) as a project manager/coordinator?
- What is most exciting to you about joining the Meow Wolf Creative Studios?
- Anything else you want us to know?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Track and coordinate Meow Wolf’s technology projects as assigned
- Coordinate software and hardware development cycles with art and fabrication
- Maintain personal knowledge base of one or more immersive technologies like audio, video, VR/AR/MR, multimedia, exhibition and event technologies, gaming, etc.
- Create communication schedules for projects, set-up and mediate project meetings, create reports and take meeting notes
- Assist department heads, project managers and technical leads with scheduling, budgeting, purchasing and shipping of parts for project deliverables
- Help with project travel arrangements for the technology team and track travel expenses
- Ideate with team members on process improvement
- Coordinate initiatives across many creative and technical disciplines and teams
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.