Lead Graphic Designer
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is seeking highly skilled lead graphic designers. The position will work collaborating with business development, marketing and other staff designers to devise creative solutions to address our marketing needs by producing and overseeing design projects including print and digital marketing campaigns, signage, web and social media content, product packaging, merchandise displays, and more.
The ideal candidate should have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production and the ability to manage a team. It is crucial for the designer to prioritize tasks on multiple projects, work well under pressure, follow graphics standards, collaborate and suggest more ways of improving existing designs and design systems.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should have a broad vocabulary of visual references and the ability to give clear aesthetic direction. You should demonstrate a keen understanding of and ability to communicate Meow Wolf’s brand. Ultimately, you will ensure the promotion of our brand by delivering high quality work within given deadlines.
- 3+ years experience as a graphic designer
- Proven work experience as a Lead Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience working with print and digital
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Able to drive improvement of company graphics standards and be a self-starter
- A portfolio of professional design work that demonstrates skills and experience in the graphic design field
- Demonstrated keen visual aesthetic through portfolio
- Ability to understand Meow Wolf’s visual aesthetic and generate work that is consistent with our brand.
- Solid ability to communicate about design strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Thorough understanding of grid systems and typography
- Natural curiosity for new emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design
- Good presentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and detail-oriented
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Creative problem solving
- Oversee design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Communicate with relevant teams to ensure deadlines are met
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.