Electrical Infrastructure Systems Designer
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Electrical Infrastructure Systems Designer is a foundational role in the IT & Infrastructure department. This position will oversee all electrical infrastructure systems design for Meow Wolf projects. This includes design and review of all line voltage, low voltage, and network systems. The position will be the point person for electrical infrastructure conversations and liaise with the Meow Wolf Design and Tech teams as well as external project architects and contractors to ensure the success of our projects.
This position requires excellent communication, management, and design skills, as well as a high level of focus and follow-through. Initially this position will work closely with the IT & Infrastructure Director to learn Meow Wolf’s organizational standards, best practices, and culture. Once established, there will be opportunity to grow with the organization and take on more responsibility as is pertains to electrical infrastructure design and construction.
We are in the process of developing our department and streamlining our workflow. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of this growth. As we are in the beginning stages of the department’s expansion, this is an exciting opportunity to get involved and participate in building a strong, effective team that supports the entire company.
Required Technical Skills & Expertise
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe software
- Experience with Google Docs, Sheets, Drive and Calendar
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
Preferred Education and Experience
- Journeyman Electrician OR a degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Recommended Certifications and credentials.
- Electrical Journeyman certification
- BICSI RCDD
- Electrical Safety
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead line voltage, low voltage, and network infrastructure design process for all Meow Wolf projects from ideation phase through installation.
- Draw/markup/manage electrical schematic and one line drawings for Meow Wolf projects
- Draw/markup/manage electrical sheets on Meow Wolf project architectural plans
- Work closely/as needed with IT & Infrastructure Director, Tech GM, Project Architects, and Project Managers to ensure all infrastructure needs are accounted and designed for.
- Liaise with contractors, stakeholders, site managers, etc. to make sure line voltage and low voltage infrastructure are delivered as drawn on site plans as well as answer questions and make accommodations for change orders as necessary.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also includes standard equipment for immersive experiences such as sensors, microcontrollers, computers, lights, sound, video, and electromechanical elements.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Limited travel is expected for this position through 2018. There is potential travel to work on the 1st Major Market in 2019.
IT & Infrastructure Director
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.