Director of Community Outreach
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
Meow Wolf is seeking an energetic and engaged Director of Community Outreach to take on the varied ways we give back to and engage with our communities. The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be adept at project management, able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
Meow Wolf is committed to making a positive social impact and this role will be at the center of those efforts. The successful candidate will build an overarching view of Meow Wolf’s varied community interactions and a deep understanding of the goals and ethos of the company. This position will fall in the Business Development department and report to the Chief Business Development Officer.
- Must be able to travel to other markets as needed
- Be responsible for securing matching funds for various giving programs and funds
- Create a strategy for sustainable funding that includes growing our philanthropic efforts by securing new capital
- Work closely with marketing team to ensure community outreach activities are made public and receive proper promotion and press coverage
- Vet companies, individuals and organizations that request funding and contributions
- Manage funding and contribution requests in a timely and systematic manner
- Look for opportunities to create real and lasting positive impact on our communities
Director of Community Outreach will be responsible for managing the company’s various programs and funds for volunteering and giving including oversight of the DIY Fund. This person would also work closely with all subsidiaries to ensure successful community engagement in all of our current and future markets. Additionally, the Director of Community Outreach will coordinate other outreach programs (the Ambassador program, etc) to help develop and organize positive interaction with the local communities. The Director of Community Outreach will work closely with the Business Development team. Previous relevant experience is required.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.