Entertainment Unit Production Manager
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a division of Meow Wolf, is seeking a full-time Unit Production Manager to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
This position will act as the primary source of budgeting, scheduling and production planning for MWE in-house content. This individual will report directly to MWE’s leadership. Prior experience (5+ years) as a line producer, production coordinator, production manager, production office coordinator (or APOC), assistant director, film/tv accounting, among other roles that have been deeply involved with physical production, are a plus. This individual should be a leader who can work extremely well with others, exceptional communicator, and a desire to help pioneer a new media company.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative media studio.
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks and the intuition to make calm, solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidentially
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
- Managing the logistics of all in-house MWE production, from pre-production through completion of production
- Managing multiple production managers across multiple projects
- Providing industry standard budgets and schedules and, once projects are approved, helping to track costs, manage potential overages, and provide real time project updates to MWE leadership
- Interacting with and helping to manage various departments concerning any and all logistics of production
- Responsible for facilitating production requirements including, but not limited to, equipment contracts, locations, purchase orders, inventory, insurance, day player contracts, crew deal memos, travel and shipping, call sheets, production reports, cast and crew lists, and compliance with various union report requirements
- Working on multiple productions at once and able to manage in-house bandwidth to best achieve the goals
- Joining a team of visionary independent media makers to help build a studio of the future
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.