Senior Network Engineer
Meow Wolf is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to oversee the provisioning, installation/configuration, maintenance and operations of network hardware, systems, and software across the Meow Wolf environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a variety of networking systems including switching, routing, firewalls, wireless, network security and Cisco hardware/systems. We are looking for a highly organized and passionate IT professional to join our IT team to support the continued growth of our organization and IT systems.
Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices and systems, including wireless access points, firewall, IPS/IDS systems, routers, switches, and controllers in a Cisco environment.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation and administration of LAN and WAN environments.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications
- Cisco certifications preferred
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Provisioning, installing, configuring, and maintaining network hardware and system replacements and upgrades in accordance with IT standards.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning of network performance for wireless and wired clients.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.