Exhibition Content Writer
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Exhibition Content Writer reports directly to the Director of Exhibition Narrative to help develop the narrative through working closely with artists and their room concepts.
- Minimum of two years of experience in writing and editing, or in journalism in a collaborative setting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all aspects of the editorial process and manage multiple, complex projects.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills and ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- A passion for written communication.
- Resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An ability to work autonomously.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to synthesis information.
- Experience writing content for exhibitions
- Bachelor’s degree in language, literature, or other related subject.
- Broad general knowledge, a fondness for the details, and limitless curiosity
- Strong capabilities in content-creation tools
- Responsible for developing, producing, and installing narrative components throughout Meow Wolf exhibitions.
- Working closely with in-house graphic designers, photographers, and videographers to produce assets.
- Identifying key narrative threads that act as pillars for audience experience.
- Sourcing and synthesizing narrative through working closely with artists and their room concepts.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the project team to ensure accuracy of content, integration of exhibition elements, adherence to schedules, etc.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.