Senior iOS Developer
About this Position
Come build beautiful elegant interactive art, gaming, and immersive experiences with us!
Meow Wolf is seeking a talented senior iOS developer to work in our digital team in New Mexico. Potential candidates for this role are focused on Swift but with deep knowledge of Objective-C. They live and breathe iOS and thrive on solving complex engineering problems with simple, elegant solutions. They are excited about people, art, games, and building high quality apps that delight and captivate our users.
Meow Wolf is passionate about expanding our core interactive art experience into the digital realm. From our online shop experience to interacting with real world art spaces and exhibitions, to adding game layers into the broader Meow Wolf experience, we are looking to develop several state of the art immersive apps for our customers.
The senior iOS developer will lead the development of native iOS applications to interface with our web platforms as well as our physical locations. They will also support development for future exhibition apps, gaming layer, new content, etc. Finally, they will build out internal apps to streamline our workflow and efficiency.
This position collaborates with many teams at Meow Wolf Creative Studios. The role itself is within the Digital Team and will work closely with the Tech Team. They will also be communicating with our partner companies to develop immersive worlds around Meow Wolf.
This position will require teamwork and collaboration to maintain an efficient workflow.
These tasks will be completed by working closely with The Digital Team’s Project Managers and Web Developers.
- Experience with iOS frameworks, including UIKit, ARKit, Core Data, CoreBluetooth, CoreLocation, Core Animation, Core Motion, SpriteKit, and Metal
- Experience building flexible and modular frameworks and code bases.
- Proficient with Swift and Objective-C
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience making informed engineering decisions and evaluating tradeoffs at all levels of the technical stack.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience in Agile (scrum) Development environments, including an understanding of CI Pipelines and Test Driven Development.
- Demonstrated ability to release Apps into iTunes Connect, including TestFlight and the App Store
- Prior work with creating virtual environments and/or game layers.
- Awesome personality with the ability to collaborate effectively in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Produce complex user interfaces and experiences for a variety of native iOS applications based on detailed UI/UX designs
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to 3rd party services, including WordPress API
- Analyze, debug and resolve application issues which affect the end-user experience
- Experience in Agile (scrum) Development environments, including an understanding of CI Pipelines and TDD.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.