Document Controller Manager
The Document Control Manager oversees the document management systems for all projects and departments. They manage the accuracy and integrity of the project documents throughout the document life cycle, which includes managing and training staff on the Aconex system platform. They will develop procedures and customize templates to fit the various project requirements. Document control manager will supervise a team of document control specialists for various projects.
- At least 7 year’s experience in one of more of the following fields; architectural, construction, or themed entertainment.
- At least 4 year’s experience as a document controller.
- Must have 3 years Acconex experience and familiar in the use of Primavera
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Office.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus, but must be able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Attention to detail
- Quality Focus
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- Knowledge and Skills
- Team Focus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This role is based in Santa Fe, NM. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, filing cabinets and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Limited travel is required for this position.
- Develop a document control and cost management system using the Aconex platform for internal departments/divisions use and manages the integration with GC’s, Architects, Theming Contractors, internal project management team and Consultants.
- Coordinate and setup all coding system that will be used for the document control & cost management process and setup each project with its document/costing control process.
- Develop SOP’s and necessary templates for each project within the Aconex platforms
- Coordinate, obtain, maintain and track exhibition concept design, schematic design, design development, shop drawings and construction drawings from the Design Department, Fabrication Department, Technical Department, Creative Division, GC, Architect, Theming Contractor and Consultants/Vendors to track and issue the same to the project team.
- Coordinate with the Architect, Design Department, Technical Department, Creative Division and Projects Team to monitor the various design phases to ensure that the information is signed off and forwarded to the TI General Contractor or Architect.
- Coordinate with the Design Department, Technical Department, Creative Division and Project Team that all documentation is being tracked through the permitting process.
- Coordinate site development documents related to exhibition and theming with the Construction Manager, Integration Manager and Projects Team.
- Manage and training the project accountants on the cost management system and oversee the development of the system with the finance department.
- Coordinates documentation received from Architect and Technical Department for facility impact information needed for the site development phase by GC and consultants.
- Coordinate and track the submittal process between the Project Team, Contractors and Internal Departments to ensure information is being responded in a timely manner. Develop reporting system for tracking submittals
- Receive and track change orders both internally and externally to ensure timely response is being provided. Develop reporting tracking system for CO’s.
- Coordinate document control for the project teams and assist with integration with GC’s and vendors using the Aconex platform.
- Work with all other departments, lead consultants and GC’s to ensure schedules are adhered to and all project members are working with the latest design information, documentation and drawings.
- Manage and collect all documentation for production and operations manual. Assist the Integration Manager by tracking and obtaining manual documents from the Project Teams and Fabrication Department.
- Coordinate all documentation required, this includes but is not limited to; tender/ contract documentation, functional analysis, architectural and MEP required documents, lighting, audio, video, show control designs, exhibition designs, SFX, SAE, Signage, Prop designs, estimates and schedules.
- Provide weekly reports to department and division heads on outstanding approvals, RFI’s, Change Orders and drawing review requests using the Aconex platform.
- Coordinate and track all meeting minutes and acceptance approvals from all stakeholders in relation to both internal department/divisions, GC, Architect, Vendors and Consultants.
- Provide training to all staff on the Aconex platform.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.