As a Data Analyst, you’ll deliver innovative solutions that help our team keep pace with Meow Wolf’s rapidly changing landscape. Whether it’s uncovering a valuable new data point about our customers hidden in our data warehouse, or helping with the launch of an innovative new product or service, you will identify and execute data-driven solutions and help tell a story about the data to non-technical stakeholders across the organization.
Who You Are
- You love numbers, statistics, and programming.
- You relish the opportunity to be a gatekeeper and safe keeper of the company’s most valuable data.
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience (Python or R preferred)
- You have a strong track record of solving complex end-user problems with simple solutions that focus on usability, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and are passionate about art, technology, and pushing your limits.
- You have the experience to design and implement awesome new features through data and customer-driven development cycles.
- You want to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods – working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers.
- You love to research and not always recreate the wheel. You know that getting things done and in front of customers is more important than perfection.
- You’re organized, have a sense of humor, and can communicate well with your team.
Details about our current stack:
- RNG stack (React, Next.js, Apollo/GraphQL)
- Headless WordPress
- 3rd Party infrastructure and APIs: WooCommerce, Stripe, Square, Github, Jira + others
Familiarity with these technologies is a big plus for the ideal candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in Data Analysis.
- Experience in developing project plans to deliver customer-oriented results.
- Proficiency with data analyses using spreadsheet software, SQL, Tableau, Big Query/Redshift, Python/R, and mathematical modeling.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced, changing environment, and convey quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
- Ability to understand new information quickly.
- Ability to persist and lead cross-functional project teams without formal authority. Developed organizational and project management skills.
- Developed written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Partner with multiple departments including our Digital team to understand business context and identify data solutions.
- Apply statistical and machine learning methods to solve large scale problems, including the full delivery lifecycle (e.g. automating processes for data retrieval, data preparation, exploratory data analysis, building and evaluating models, interpreting results, transitioning solutions to production, performance monitoring, etc.).
- Serve as a technical expert, mentor analyst colleagues and serve as a cross-functional data science consultant to other projects and teams.
- Contribute to the development of the team’s tools, skills, standards, culture, and impact.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working closely with the Digital Product Manager and Director to help lead the team on technologies, code bases, and infrastructure, however, no supervisory responsibility is expected other than organic mentorship of junior analysts.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.