About the Company
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced senior full-stack software developer to be part of an agile development team. As a senior member of a growing team, you will have direct impact on the success of the company.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of software development experienceYou have a strong track record of solving complex end-user problems with simple solutions that focus on usability, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and are passionate about art, technology, and pushing your limits.
- You have the experience to design and implement awesome new features through data and customer-driven development cycles.
- You want to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods – working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers.
- You love to research and not always recreate the wheel. You know that getting things done and in front of customers is more important than perfection.
- You’re organized, have a sense of humor, and can communicate well with your team.
Details about our current stack:
- RNG stack (React, Next.js, Apollo/GraphQL)
- Headless WordPress
- 3rd Party infrastructure and APIs: WooCommerce, Stripe, Square, Github, Jira + others
Familiarity with these technologies is a big plus for the ideal candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience architecting and building services with GraphQL
- Experience working with Docker for development and deployment
- Experience using CI tools for automated deployment
- Understanding of web application security best practices
- Understanding of software design patterns and 12-factor methodology
- Ability to develop, deploy and maintain Node.js and PHP (WordPress) APIs to JSON 1.0 specifications to be consumed by
- React, React Native, and iOS/Android native applications.
- Develop reusable frontend components and interfaces in React by collaborating with the designers and product manager
- Utilize Docker for local application development and deployment to staging and production environments
- Maintain cross-browser compatibility and optimize for a wide range of mobile devices
- Identify problems/bugs in the moment and develop elegant solutions.
- Help coach the team to maintain code quality through code reviews and mentorship.
- Work with the DevOps Engineer to measure and optimize the performance of our digital products.
- Make informed engineering decisions when evaluating tradeoffs and new tools at all levels of the tech stack.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working closely with the Digital Project manager and Director to help lead the team on technologies, code bases, and infrastructure.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.