About the Company
Meow Wolf is seeking a Development Manager to lead the charge with development and engineering principles that will keep our team motivated and adaptable as we continue to grow.
This role is focused on working with and mentoring the group on practices and technologies that will allow the flexibility required to expand into the multiverse with stability. If you enjoy the quantum realm and love to evangelize ways to feed Schrödinger’s cat, this is the place for you!
Success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated and self-managed, organized, always open to feedback/critique, and extremely collaborative. Being faster than a speeding bullet or leaping buildings in a single bound will certainly earn you bonus points towards success.
The Development Manager works directly with the Digital Director, Product Solutions, and Digital Design to create customer experiences that are akin to surfing on a cosmic ocean while the solar winds sing choruses of baking apple pies; since to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe.
- Strong team management skills, with proven experience mentoring or managing other team members.
- Ability to lead and direct process and architectural thinking.
- Expert knowledge of development principles, coding languages, and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present work to executives and large groups.
- Working knowledge of GitFlow or other CI/CD processes is a must.
- Familiarity with an Agile Software Development Life Cycle is preferred and experience in JIRA is a bonus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or information technology.
- 5-7 years of experience in managing a development team with a focus on technical requirements for enterprise applications that are complex, high-volume, and high profile.
- Ability to proactively identify and address issues independently.
- Coding experience of any kind and specifically experience with React components or web development are preferred.
- Working closely with development to ensure that there are established and scalable processes including Agile and CI/CD.
- Managing direct reports within the development team to encourage skill building and career growth.
- Working closely with Product and Project Management to understand the people and resources required to meet specific milestones for delivery.
- Working closely with Design in order to help set up regular user testing cycles, and deliver a product that will delight and exhilarate Meow Wolf visitors.
- Working closely with software and infrastructure engineers to understand technical tasks and implementation that ensure that the product is scalable.
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- Assisting Product Solutions in defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to bring a product to market.
- This position will manage a team of developers.
Who You Are
- You possess leadership skills that go beyond management and understand how to motivate a team of developers.
- You are an evangelist for transparent communication, documentation, and working in small ways to make big improvements for the team.
- You have a keen sense of how to get things done quickly without sacrificing stability.
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and are passionate about art, technology, and pushing your limits.
- You know that getting things done and in front of customers is more important than perfection.
- You care about people just as much as you care about technology.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.