VP of Merchandising
About this Position
Meow Wolf is seeking an energetic Vice President of Merchandising to join our team at our Santa Fe, NM headquarters.
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The VP of Merchandising will oversee all merchandise development, sales, manufacturing, inventory, quality control, and strategy for Meow Wolf Merchandising. This includes sales in exhibition gift shops, stand-alone retail, online retail, procurement and inventory management. The VP of Merchandising will report to the CBDO (and CEO) and work closely with the Chief Brand Officer and Marketing Team to ensure adherence and consistency of company culture and brand identity. Will build out the Merchandising Department including hiring Director of Inventory, Director of Licensing, Product Designers and Fulfillment team.
• Minimum: Bachelors degree in Business or Fashion Merchandise or equivalent work experience.
• Preferred: MBA.
• Minimum: 5+ years as a Director or VP and retail experience as a store manager in a store with high SKU counts and a large vendor base.
The VP of Merchandising will bring strong leadership and expertise for our growing merchandise department, providing guidance for departmental growth with an eye toward efficiency, corporate responsibility, and profit growth.
- Oversee department growth: hiring key personnel for inventory management, fulfillment, procurement, QC and product design team.
- Build strategic vision for licensing and leveraging
- Responsible for providing analytical oversight and support for the retail operations including financial decision-making.
- Provide guidance and direction to Merchandise team in the planning and developing of short-term and long-term goals.
- Participate in reviews of monthly financial performance and develops plans for improvement.
- Collaborating with the CEO, CFO and CBDO to set departmental vision and financial projections.
- High level management for multiple retail outlets and online sales, including travel to various locations
- Create budgets and projections and financial analysis for meow Wolf Merchandising
- Oversee supply chain and inventory personnel
- Development and implementation of merchandise strategy for multiple product lines and product categories.
- Develop the strategies that increase market share, store productivity, while driving incremental profit.
- Responsible for achievement of sales, profits, and inventory turnover.
- Fosters an environment that promotes personal development and high morale amongst Merch team
- Strategic selection of key merchandising vendors. Negotiates with vendors on pricing, marketing allowances, co-op monies, new store discounts, exclusive products, new events, contracts, return allowances, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CBDO/CEO.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.