About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Project Manager will manage the design and delivery process of all assigned exhibition spaces. The Project Manager will develop and manage the exhibition development, critical path analysis and exhibition budgeting. This position collaborates with creative directors, production designers and producers to ensure the creative intent is being carried out in all phases of development. This position also manages the technical facility impact and integration design with internal and external stakeholders. The Project Manager is responsible for managing internal exhibition fabrications projects along with managing theming contractors and other exhibition vendors.
- A minimum of five years of project management in themed entertainment industry, general contractor, project management firm or owner.
- Experience juggling multiple projects at once and prioritize competing work streams.
- Draw up on your technical skills to solve problems, handle detail and complexity.
- Knowledge in theme park or location-based development projects.
- Understand the need to work with stakeholders to understand the unique creative environment.
- Proficiency reading/interpreting construction documents and contracts;
- Success interacting with vendors such as architects, contractors, theming contractors and FF&E manufacturers.
- Conflict resolution skills, and ability to develop win/win solutions;
- Resource Management: Can coordinate external resources such as: Architects, designers, consultants and engineers, General contractors, municipal permitting and safety officials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Primavera.
- Bachelor’s degree in a core discipline such as Project Management, Construction Management, Theater Arts, Engineering, Architecture or a related field required.
- Quality Focus
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- Knowledge and Skills
- Team Focus
- Manage exhibition projects during the design, production/fabrication and installation phases.
- Collaborate with creative directors, production designers and producers to ensure the creative vision and intent is being carried out in the various phases.
- Develop systems to govern multiple exhibitions and their deliverables, schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate with the technical and infrastructure teams for facility impact and facility integration requirements.
- Lead regular project meetings with your team and with vendors to review budgets and milestone markers, and to pool your collective knowledge to address problems.
- Develop and update schedules for each exhibition to insure on-time procurement of materials, deployment of labor force and project completion.
- Coordinate sourcing, procurement, and develop scope-of-work and bid processes and RFPs for general contractors, theming contractors and technical systems installments.
- Review payments for contractors, architects, consultants and other vendors for management approval.
- Forecast costs, cash flow, and collaborate with Project Controls to create reports that resonate with the project director.
- Manage the change-order process with vendors and internal workforce, and negotiate change-order claims with vendors;
- Proactively communicate status of projects to the project director.
- Oversee punch-lists and closeout procedures to hand-over a completed project to other members of the team.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Work related travel for meetings, project coordination, site visit, artist studio visit, partnership development and other trips related to job.
This position is based in Santa Fe, NM and will require temporary relocation to another city during the installation of our exhibitions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.