Senior Director, Learning and Development
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
Meow Wolf is searching for an experienced and driven Sr. Director of Learning and Development to join the growing Human Resources team in beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico. The Sr. Director of Learning and Development will be responsible for designing and implementing online and classroom-based learning and professional development programs, materials, and delivery mechanisms to include: skills training, compliance training, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, emotional intelligence and other programs designed to assist in the growth of our employees, and ultimately, enhance the success of the organization.
The ideal Sr. Director of Learning and Development will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in live training, facilitation, and coaching; training in an entertainment or theme park environment preferred
- Content development and instructional design experience coupled with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team or individually to complete complex tasks
- Experience working with various training techniques, methodologies, and enablement tools, including eLearning
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Effective and collaborative team player, motivated by a fast-paced creative and high performance environment
- Utilizing a variety of analytic methods, provides organizational needs analysis to provide learning strategy and program direction
- Designs, develops, and administers learning programs for employees, helps individuals and groups develop skills and knowledge, creates learning manuals, and presents in-person, eLearning, and other learning experiences. Obtains and/or delivers effective learning materials utilizing a variety of media/medium
- In partnership with the Talent Acquisition team, prepares new employees for success by conducting orientation/onboarding to company processes, values, and culture
- Determine training needs by observing interdepartmental and customer interactions, studying results reports and conferring with leadership
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques, making support readily available and integrating support into routine job functions
- Supports training financial objectives by recommending budget items and controlling costs
- Update personal knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.