Social Media Associate
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Do you love Meow Wolf? Do you love talking to people about Meow Wolf? Are you always posting and looking at the most colorful, cool, and creative content on the web? We are looking for you. Meow Wolf is seeking a qualified Social Media Associate to join our dynamic, fast-paced, social media team. Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to develop engaging content in the Meow Wolf tone and voice. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community. Ultimately, you will be acting as the face and voice of Meow Wolf and managing community communications as we grow our brand quickly. If you are a tech-savvy professional with experience in social media, and ready to take your career to the next level in the multiverse, we would love to meet you!
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or Social Media Marketing
- 1-3 years managing social media in organization or corporate environment
- Deep adoration for Meow Wolf and our social media channels
- Be a natural ‘cool curator,’ always on the lookout coolest art / entertainment / submersive / compassionately irreverent content on the web; added bonus if you are highly influential / connected on the internet to other
- Deep understanding of Social Media technology and campaign execution, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok,
- Understands and can emulate the Meow Wolf social media voice
- Strong customer-service skills.
- Experience with Graphic Design, social media editing tools, and Adobe Suite a plus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with online community and responds to comments and requests.
- Engage with online influencers and research potential ambassadors/collaborators
- Assist in managing company social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Discover the coolest art / entertainment / submersive / compassionately irreverent content on the web
- Works as part of the core social media team to develop new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Assist in managing our ambassador and digital influencer programs.
- Report social media activity and community engagement metrics, with a focus on optimization for better performance
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.