Senior Creative Producer
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
In partnership with the Creative Director the Producer is the Creative team leader responsible for achieving and maintaining the artistic and creative vision and for ensuring the implementation of that vision through the project life cycle. The producer is the day to day manager of the Creative team, insuring all deliverables are being met. Managing the execution of all creative deliverables and working closely with and collaborating with the Project Leaders to achieve common and cohesive objectives. The Creative Producer must be proficient in guiding and articulating the concepts and the experiences that define the projects creative vision and to motivate the involved teams who are responsible for providing input and support to its development. They must be steadfast and strategic as they work within Meow Wolf’s highly ambitious, collaborative model.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and some Photoshop
- Basic knowledge and experience with immersive group entertainment and/or art curation
- Previous film and/or theater production experience and/or themed entertainment and art curation
- Basic knowledge of scope, schedule and budget planning and mitigation
- Effectively articulate creative intent and artistic vision to all levels of the Meow Wolf organization
- Develop strong partnerships across all division of project departments
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS in theater, film, design or entertainment and art oriented field
- Thorough knowledge of creative process and deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, organizational as well as creative thinking.
- Excellent understanding of Location Based / Themed Entertainment industries and their production pipelines
- 10+ years of experience in creative enterprises as well as experience in Location Based/Themed Entertainment and experience shepherding high budget multimedia projections from ideation to completion.
- Reports to Project Leadership, Senior Creative Director with dotted line to Project Director
- Define scope of Creative Deliverables, adhering to the Scope, Schedule, and Budget defined by the Project Leadership.
- Develop resource plans, estimates, and schedules for Creative Deliverables in collaboration with the project team and exhibition leadership
- Ensure all Creative Team members, Creative Direction, Narrative, Graphics, Concept Art, and consultants are executing all Creative deliverables on schedule and within the agreed to budget
- Effectively manages Creative budgets and schedules throughout the whole scope of the project in collaboration with Project Teams
- Collaborate with team leadership to prioritize Creative scope of project and Creative delivery options
- Communicate clear and concise project Creative updates to all Project Leadership
- Maintains Presentation and Communication materials
- Maintains Phase Creative documentation as applicable. Blue Sky, Concept, DD.
- Hires outside Creative Consultants as required by the needs of the Senior Creative Director
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.