IT Manager- Las Vegas
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Meow Wolf is seeking an IT Manager to join a cross functional team that supports the operations of our Las Vegas exhibit. The ideal candidate will have experience working within an operations team successfully managing/maintaining multiple IT systems. This position will actively manage all IT personnel and systems within the Meow Wolf Las Vegas facility.
This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a high level of focus and follow-through. Initially this position will work closely with the MW Inc. IT & Infrastructure team to learn Meow Wolf’s organizational IT standards, process, and culture. The position will also work closely with the Las Vegas General Manager to learn the ins and outs of the MW Las Vegas facility operations. Once oriented, the position will begin to take on the management and maintenance of the MW Las Vegas facilities IT systems.
- 1-3 years of professional experience managing and maintaining IT systems
- Ideally having worked with medium to large scale facilities and teams
- Thorough understanding of Information Technology fundamentals through both study and practice
- Strong technical skills and the ability to manage many different technical systems
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deeply nested sets of requirements and dependencies
- High level of technical literacy, the ability to both manage and generally understand technical requirements
- Ability to adopt new pieces of software to achieve job responsibilities
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to work collaboratively as part of a large creative team.
- Proactive/forward looking
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-managing, patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to receiving direction and can perform well within a team environment
- Able to make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Sense of humor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish day-to-day tasks and priorities. Coordinate long term priorities, efforts, and upgrades with MW Las Vegas & Infrastructure department
- Manage and maintain the following IT and Infrastructure systems at MW Las Vegas location in accordance with MW Inc. guidelines:
- Internet service and network
- Cellular and UHF radio systems
- Access Control
- Point of Sale (PoS)
- Digital Signage
- Phones/teleconferencing rooms
- Network attached storage/backup devices
- Software Platforms provisioning and management for LLC location in accordance with MW Inc. guidelines (with support from MW Inc IT team)
- Administration and license management
- Employee training
- End user support and help desk
- Computer hardware provisioning and management for LLC location in accordance with MW Inc. guidelines (with support from MW Inc IT team)
- Specification of computer workstations
- Purchasing and provisioning of all computer workstations and tablets
- End user support
- Provide first line of defense for IT systems and end user troubleshooting
- Interface with IT vendors (eg. Apple, Square, etc) as needed to coordinate deployment, service, and upgrades
- Manage all IT systems hardware inventory at MW Las Vegas location in accordance with MW Inc. guidelines (eg. keyboards, monitors, routers, WAPs, switches, cameras, etc.): spec, order, track, deploy with coordination from MW Inc. IT Operations Manager as needed
- Manage and maintain all IT system(s) policy and documentation at MW Las Vegas location in accordance with MW Inc. guidelines. This includes but is not limited to network configurations, networked devices schedule, wiring plans, data sheet archive, and operations manuals.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.